Sep 23, 2013:
News Releases & Articles
Grants Available for Reusable Transport Packaging Projects
August 1, 2013
- StopWaste.Org’s Use Reusables Campaign Awards $79.5K in Grants
Oct 4, 2012
- “Greening The Packaging Most People Never See - Pallets, Boxes And Wraps”
Oct 4, 2012:
- “Boosting Supply Chain Efficiencies with Reusable Transport Packaging”
Green Retail Decisions, July 2012
- “Improve Your Moves – Office Relocation with Reusables”
BOMA Oakland/East Bay Developments, June 2012
- “Replace Disposables with Reusables”
Materials Handling and Logistics Magazine, December 2011
- “StopWaste.Org Wins $499K EPA Grant to take “Use Reusables” National”
Use Reusables In The News
- “Rules of Thumb for Reusable Packaging”
Sustainable Plant, March 11, 2012
- “Reusable Crates Save AG Producers Money”
Central Valley Business Journal, November 1, 2012
- “Novation Champions Reusable Packaging for Sustainability in Healthcare”
PR Newswire, October 31, 2012
- “First Class Collaboration: StopWaste and Peerless Coffee & Tea Co.”
Good & Green Radio, October 19, 2011
- “EPA Grant Expands Reusable Packaging Education”
Materials handling and Logistics, May 13, 2011
- “StopWaste Expands to Trim Supply Chain Packaging Waste Nationwide”
GreenBiz.com, May 6, 2011
- “Use Reusables' Goes Coast to Coast”
Packaging Revolution, May 2, 2011
- “Oakland’s Premier Organics to Employ Reusable Pallet Wrap”
GreenerPackage.com, January 31, 2011
- “Some Chocolate Bars Travel Better Than I Do”
Material Handling Management Online.com, October 3, 2011
- “Innovative StopWaste.Org Campaign Lands $499K EPA Award”
East Bay Express, May 10, 2011
- “Go Green, Save Green: Eco-conscious shipping containers allow businesses to realize serious behind-the-scenes savings.”
East Bay Express, February 24, 2010
- “Reusability proves a profitable supply chain logistics solution”
www.GreenerPackage.com, February 22, 2010
- "Workshop Touts Benefits of Reusable Packaging for Drinks, Produce and More"
GreenerDesign, May 14, 2009
- "Reusable transport packaging comes of age "Packaging World Magazine, December, 2008
- "Interested in reusable containers? Not sure if it makes sense economically?" Triple Pundit, October 1, 2008
- "From Sports Drinks to Tractors, Reusable Packaging Nets Numerous Savings" GreenBiz.com, September 26, 2008
- "Green Supply Chain: Thinking Outside the (Cardboard) Box" GreenBiz.com and Greener Design.com, September 25, 2008
- "`Outside the box' saves money" Oakland Tribune, September 26, 2008
- “California Urges Conversion to Reusable Transport Packaging” Food Logistics, July 11th, 2007
- “County Urges Conversion to Reusable Packaging” Alameda Sun, February 22, 2008
- California Campaign Urges Businesses to Convert to Reusable Transport Packaging - July 9, 2007
Other Reusables News
“Mapping Reusables Into Your Supply Chain” Reusables.org, April 2, 2012
Exploration of how the implementation of reusable packaging impacts internal processes as well as those of suppliers throughout a supply chain.
"Steel Innovative: Reusable Steel Pallets and Shipping Racks Adapt to Emerging Supply Chain Needs" PackagingRevolution.Net, July 2010
Steel pallets,shipping racks and other transport packaging systems have served industries for decades of tireless service.
"Reusable Wraps and Strap Systems Help Eliminate Need for Stretch Wrap" PackagingRevolution.Net, June 2010
Several options in the reusable packaging arena can help reduce or eliminate the need for plastic stretch wrap.
“Reusables: To Use Perchance to Love…” PackagingRevolution.net, February 5, 2010
The triple bottom line justification for reusable container and pallet usage in many applications is compelling, but potential buyers can struggle with the best way to move forward with respect to options such as reusable purchase, rental, or lease.
"GM Plans to Dump Use of Landfills" USA Today, September 5, 2008
Reusable Packaging is a component of GM’s plan to make half of their plants “landfill-free” by 2010.
"Gatorade, Quaker, Tropicana Will Eliminate Wood Pallets" Greenbiz.com, March 23, 2009
PepsiCo's Quaker, Gatorade and Tropicana business units is switching away from wood pallets, and will eventually ship all their products exclusively on plastic pallets.
“Packaging Ways to Make the Supply Chain Green” Supply & Demand Chain Executive, September 7, 2007
Repeat use packaging product line combats 24 million tons of annual shipping waste in electronics industry.
"Building the Green Supply Chain" Supply & Demand Chain Executive, November, 2007
Boulder Community Hospital uses reusable containers to replace pervasive blue wrap, saving $180,000.
"Materials Handling Update: Pleasing to the Pallet" Inbound Logistics, July 2007
Before businesses begin tinkering with state-of-the-art conveyor networks and automated storage and retrieval systems, they might want to reconsider the role of the warehouse's most underrated asset - the pallet.